My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Badger Creek ~ Healesville


Click HERE to see the SLIDESHOW

If you click on the individual photos you will be able to see more information about each one of them. Be sure to check out the Lyrebird picture too .. My dad Frank sent me a really cool documentary clip on YouTube about the Lyrebird with David Attenborough.

1. Reflections, 2. Ferned Framing ~Badger Creek, 3. Tall Trees at Badger Creek, 4. Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, 5. Badger Creek ~ Healesville, 6. Rockery ~ Badger Creek, 7. Moss ~ Badger Creek, 8. Natural Beauty ~ Badger Creek Reserve, 9. Ferns Forever, 10. Fungi that caught my Eye, 11. Badger Creek ~ Healesville, 12. The Lyrebird is the world's best impersonator., 13. Through the trees ~ Badger Creek

I took all these photos at Badgers Creek in Healesville, Victoria.

Peter and I have enjoyed a few trips there now and they are all very memorable days. We usually try to get there before midday as it can be quite busy if you want to grab a spot on one of the bbq's including a big round communal one which is always popular if you are one who likes to meet and chat with others. We have met and enjoyed others at this bbq. A lot of people like to stand around this bbq to keep warm too. It throws out a lot of heat.


1. Peter and Chrissy at Badger Creek, 2. Parrots at Badger Creek, 3. Badger Creek Reserve Carpark, 4. Fungi 2, 5. Kookaburra's, 6. Peter at the BBQ ~ Badger Creek, 7. Crimson Rosella, 8. Badger Creek Reserve Picnic Area, 9. Fungi 3, 10. Through the Trees at Badger Creek, 11. Kookaburras at Badger Creek, 12. Ferns n Trees at Badger Creek, 13. Crimson Rosella at Badger Creek

After having our BBQ we then wander along a track which takes you through some of the most amazingly beautiful forest and creek areas I have ever come across.

I was a Scout Leader during the time my boys we growing up in Queensland and I have visited and camped in some really nice bushland and forest areas in my time but Badger Creek would have to be one of my favourites.

I was happy with the set of photos I took which are from July 2007 and during winter here in Australia.

Highly reccommended for a great day out with nature. BBQ facilities and picnic grounds available for public use, but I must stress .. on the weekend .. get there early on a nice day.
A great place to visit, take in and chill out for the day .. especially for photographers .. amateur and professional alike. Wonderful lush areas of trees ferns etc to capture.

Check out more if you like on: MY WAYN
Slideshow and Album

More info about Badger Creek Weir here:
Aussie Heritage
Total Travel - Victoria - Yarra Valley

The Mosaic was created with fd's Flickr Toys.

No comments: