My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Your 1st DSLR .. How did you feel?


Photo is of me using my Dad's Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi

Discussion of Flickr:

Learning Photography with Neil Creek

I'm interested to know how others were feeling and the level of their anticipation about having their first new DSLR's.

My Dad cruised into town this week (from Tassie) and had his Canon 400D with him. I tried really hard to greet him with much excitement and enthusiasm as I did while spotting his camera sitting on the back seat of his car, knowing that I too will be the proud owner of one soon.

Over the last day or two he has checked out what I have been up to lately with my photography and was quite impressed with the photos I have been taking with my little Ricoh CaplioR4 point n shoot.

For the last year I have been dreaming about owning one like his.

He sees the passion I have developed over the last 6 months …. so this morning he announced to me he feels I should have one sooner than October (my birthday) which has been a promised combined gift from him, Peter and my two grown up sons.

I am soooo excited and it feels like when I was a young teenager dreaming and thinking about my first true love …

.... do you remember those feelings of waking up every few hours through the night and the first thing that pops into your head is your new lover?

Does this sound like I have a problem I need to see a therapist about?

I can't sleep .. I can't eat .. I'm dreaming day and night about this camera and it consumes my thoughts constantly .. for heaven's sake :) ..... Do I need to see a therapist perhaps or is this a normal reaction and emotion felt by people passionate about photography? Lol

I'm hoping to have photos for this weeks challenge 'HAPPINESS' with my new camera. ..... The order is in and I will have one within the week!

No comments: