My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spring is in the air.

It has been raining quite regularly for the last few weeks in Melbourne. I had been waiting for a few nice days to get out into the garden to take some photos and see what new and wonderful blossoms and blooms had sprung up over the last week or so.

Buddy, Peter and I ventured outside between showers to take a few photos.

This is Buddy happy to be outside with us checking out what's happening in the garden.

These are new daffodils coming up .. I think they may be coming on a little early this year but am happy to see their smiling faces. Daffodils always give me the feeling of happiness when I see them.
One side of our property has a hedge. I was trying to get a photo with a 'vanishing point' within it.



The old glasshouse roof. It does need some work done on it but I'm happy with the old rustic look. A crack here and hole there.

We picked this old red wheelbarrow from somewhere down the road ... it's not functional but it looks nice in the front garden. We plan to put some plants in it. .. It's on the list along with so many other things we would like to do in the garden ... Can't wait for summertime!

Some vibrant flowers looking up at me. Love the colour of these blooms. Im still trying to find out what they are though.

A little post processing and they just pop right out at you!


The garden is starting it's spring parade. Flowers and colours everywhere I look. The rain has been most welcomed and I know the garden is going to be spectacular this coming Spring.


The Bird of Paradise is also joining in the Springtime parade. I noticed it is just starting to bloom and I'm hoping to get some photos with a bird on it this year.

Finally after an hour or so in the garden Peter made a wonderfully delicious dinner for us. Warm beef with garden salad ..... most appropriate after our time in the garden. It was really yummy and I surely am a spoilt girl to have a man that enjoys cooking good healthy meals for me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what is amazing about the "hedge" photo is that I thought it was a painting. It looks like a painting. The wheelbarrow one looks a bit like a painting as well. they are lovely. And of COURSE your flowers are lovely. They always are. I also like your dog sniffing the daffodil. As you move into spring we move into fall and I'm not ready for it. I love the heat. Well, out with my wool "jumpers". So they still call sweaters "jumpers" in OZ? :)

Chrissy said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment Robin. I'm happy you enjoyed my little time out in the garden and the photos too. I'm still learning how to use my new camera, a Canon RebelXTi and hope to bring even better photos to my blog in the near future. Thanks for the feedback on the photos too .. It all helps to realise I am on the right track with my photography.

I like to capture the simple everyday things around me in my everyday life and enjoy the fact that someone else has enjoyed the capture too.

As for jumpers and sweaters ... in Aussie land we call them jumpers as a rule but I have noticed over the years with more international connections and globalisation, younger Aussies are starting to call them sweaters... either way they keep you warm in winter. Personally I love the feel of a nice big woollen jumper on along with tights and boots when it's chilly outside. It's a fashion statement .. ☺