My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sky High Mt Dandenong

I took these photos from Sky High Mt Dandenong on Sunday 31st August.


It has been raining quite a bit lately here in Melbourne and these photos were taken on a particularly wet and misty day.

I had been stuck in bed for a good week with a bad back and a bout of the flu and was eager to get out of the house for a while.

Peter and I decided to go to the Sky High Bistro for their Sunday Buffet Lunch which was really nice. The food was fresh and very tasty and I would love to go again in a few months time during clearer days and when I'm feeling much better.



I still wasn't feeling my best when we went but tried to enjoy it as best I could. Naturally I had my camera with me and hoped the weather would clear a bit before we got up into the Dandenong Ranges but it didn't and was bitterly cold and extremely windy outside where I was taking photos from. I tried a few with my 300mm zoom to but Melbourne turned out to lost in the misty fog so I have done some post processing on them to bring out the buildings and landmarks as best I could.




One of Victoria’s Premier Tourist Destinations

* Viewing platforms with stunning views that sweep across Mornington Peninsula and Port Phillip Bay , to the You Yangs on the Southern horizon.

Get Some Perspective & Escape the noise and pressures of the concrete jungle. Less than 1 hour from the Melbourne CBD you can be SkyHigh – on the uppermost reach of the Dandenong Ranges, amid cool fern glades and lush towering native forest, looking at the big picture, from the Mornington Peninsula across the majestic sweep of Port Phillip Bay, surrounded by Melbourne’s growing urban fringes, to the You Yangs on the southern horizon. After sunset the southern sky, brilliant in the clear mountain night, is imitated by a spectacular carpet of city lights.

First established as a survey point in 1861 this historic area, which has recently undergone a lavish and sympathetic redevelopment, affords a unique overview of Greater Melbourne. Enjoy the unparalleled vista from the SkyHigh Bistro or fire up a public barbecue, spread a rug and picnic on the elevated viewing terrace.

SkyHigh has something for the whole family including, an exquisite English garden, Adventurous SkyHigh Maze and links to trail walks in the Dandenong Ranges National Park. If you really want to see Melbourne from above...
____________________________________________________________________

No comments: